Cisco 2960-X Series 24-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch
The WS-C2960X-24TS-L is a Catalyst 2960-X Series fixed-configuration switch. It offers 10/100/1000 Ethernet connectivity with enhanced local area network (LAN) services for midsize and branch office networks.
This donation includes
- Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series switch (WS-C2960X-24TS-L)
- Product documentation
- AC power cord
- Rack-mount brackets and screws
Benefits for Organizations
If you have networking experience, you can use this switch to extend an existing network, bringing wired connectivity to more employees and supporting new wireless deployments.
- LAN Base IOS software: The switch's software includes a rich Layer 2+ suite of intelligent services, including:
- Advanced quality of service (QoS)
- Granular rate limiting
- Access control lists (ACLs)
- IPv6 management
- Multicast services
- Multiple management options: You can manage the switch with either the embedded GUI device manager or the Windows-based Cisco Network Assistant (available at no cost from the Cisco website).
- Security: The switch offers a range of authentication methods, data encryption technologies, and Network Admission Control (NAC) based on users, ports, and MAC addresses. Cisco TrustSec prevents unauthorized access and helps ensure that users get only their designated privileges.
- Energy-saving tools: Cisco's EnergyWise technology allows you to measure and manage the power consumption of network devices for additional cost and resource savings.
- Cisco FlexStacking support: You can use Cisco FlexStacking to manage multiple physical switches as a single unit. Cisco FlexStacking requires the Cisco 2960-X Series FlexStack Stacking Module and Cable.
Each device meets the following specifications.
Integrated network ports:
24 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
1 Type A and 1 mini-Type B
4 small form-factor pluggable (SFP)
Cisco IOS software:
Cisco will provide five years of hardware and software service and support ("SMARTnet") for this product.
Obtaining Your Product
ENCLUDE might request additional information to verify that your organization matches the Cisco philanthropy guidelines. When ENCLUDE approves your request, you will receive a confirmation email from ENCLUDE. Cisco will deliver your product within eight weeks.
- AC input voltage/frequency:
- 100 to 240 V
- 1 to .5 A
- 50 to 60 Hz
- Environmental constraints:
- Operating temperature: 23 to 113°F (-5 to 45°C)
- Storage temperature: -13 to 158°F (-25 to 70°C)
- Operating/storage relative humidity: 10 to 95 percent (noncondensing)
- Operating altitude: Up to 10,000 feet (3,000 meters)
- Storage altitude: Up to 13,000 feet (4,000 meters)