Cisco ASA 5506-X Security Appliance with FirePOWER Services
The ASA5506-K9 is a Cisco ASA 5500-X Series next-generation firewall. It provides advanced security and networking services for small and medium-sized organisations.
This donation includes
- Cisco ASA 5506-X security appliance with FirePOWER Services (ASA5506-K9) and AC power supply
- Product documentation
- Cables: power cord and USB console cable (type A to type B)
Benefits for Organisations
If you have advanced Cisco networking experience or access to a consultant, you can use the Cisco ASA 5506-X security appliance to
- Proactively protect your organisation against Internet threats
- Allow employees to use their own mobile devices to securely access your network by enabling "bring your own device" (BYOD) policies
- Reduce travel by supporting remote workers or branch connections with VPN connections
- Enforce differentiated security policies based on the user, device, role, and application type
Each device meets the following specifications.
|Stateful inspection throughput (max):||750 Mbps|
|IPsec VPN peers:||10|
|Cisco Cloud Web Security users:||275|
|AnyConnect Plus or Apex VPN peers:||0; expandable to 50 with optional Apex licenses from ENCLUDEit Technology Donation Programme|
|Virtual interfaces (VLANs):||5|
|High availability services:||none|
|Security contexts (virtual firewalls):||none|
|Integrated network ports:||8 Gigabit Ethernet|
More information about this product is available on the Cisco website.
License Upgrades Available
You can request license upgrades for this device through ENCLUDEit Technology Donation Programme.
- Cisco ASA 5506-X Threat Defense License Bundle, 3-Year Subscription: License and subscription providing three additional threat defense services for intrusion prevention, advanced malware protection, and URL filtering.
- Cisco 5500 Series AnyConnect Apex 25-User SSL VPN 5-Year Subscription License: Software-based licenses for supporting 25 additional SSL VPN users. Multiple licenses can be applied to one security appliance to support additional users.
Additional Equipment Required for Certain Features
If hardware-based switch ports and Power over Ethernet (PoE) capabilities are required, you should consider requesting an external switch to use with this security appliance. Cisco offers several switches with PoE capabilities through ENCLUDEit Technology Donation Programme, such as the Cisco 2960-C Series switch.
The integrated bridging and routing feature included in the default configuration for this device with Cisco ASA software version 9.7(1.4) or later can provide an alternative to using an external switch. Learn more about this option.
Cisco will provide five years of hardware and software service and support ("SMARTnet") for this product.
Obtaining Your Product
ENCLUDEit Technology Donation Programme might request additional information to verify that your organisation matches the Cisco philanthropy guidelines. When ENCLUDEit Technology Donation Programme approves your request, you will receive a confirmation email from ENCLUDEit Technology Donation Programme. Cisco will deliver your product within eight weeks.
- AC input voltage and frequency:
- 90 to 240 V
- 50 or 60 Hz
- Environmental constraints:
- Operating temperature: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
- Storage temperature: -13 to 158°F (-25 to 70°C)
- Operating relative humidity: 90 percent noncondensing
- Storage relative humidity: 10 to 90 percent noncondensing
- Operating altitude: 0 to 10,000 feet (3,000 meters)
- Storage altitude: 0 to 15,000 feet (4,600 meters)