Introducing Symantec Endpoint Protection 14
The threat landscape is more challenging than ever as it is escalating rapidly in both numbers and complexity. Symantec has seen over 430M new pieces of malware in 2015. In average, that’s more than 1M new malware variants created on daily basis. Not only is the amount of threats growing significantly, but malware is more sophisticated with variations of malware popping up quickly. Today, targeted attacks and Zero-Day vulnerabilities are the two most common advanced threats. Symantec saw a 125% increase in zero-day vulnerability; 35% increase in ransomware; and 55% increase in spear-phishing email campaigns. A zero-day vulnerability could result in tons of attacks, as anyone could easily leverage a malware toolkit to launch malicious attacks. Moreover, zero-day vulnerabilities are discovered only after they are exploited by attackers. Symantec found 10 of them within a month last year, but there may be many more that remain undiscovered and attackers are keeping to themselves for now.
Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 stops threats regardless of how they attack your endpoint, and delivers powerful response capabilities for superior protection across diverse environments:
1) Intelligent Protection Against Advanced Threats
- Symantec’s global intelligence spans 175 million control points, detecting and blocking threats across the attack chain with low false positives.
- Real-time memory exploit mitigation shields popular software against zero-day attacks.
- 2) Endpoint Protection and Response Delivered at Scale
- Deploy across distributed and diverse IT environments of any size via a highly scalable architecture.
- Detect threats anywhere and respond with SEP with integration to other security products.
- Self-updating endpoint agents ensure the most up to date protection.
- 3) Enable your Organization with a High-Performance, Lightweight Solution
- Agent and virus definition sets require minimal network bandwidth usage [70% less compared to SEP12] Advanced design techniques and patented real-time cloud lookup delivers faster scanning times [15% faster compared to SEP12].
- Reduce the burden on your IT staff through automation of processes and policies, saving your organization time and money.Eligible organizations may request up to 100 Symantec Endpoint Protection licenses per product per fiscal year (July 1 to June 30). To learn more, visit [https://www.encludeit.org/symantec_endpoint_protection].